Monday, June 1, 2009

It's About Time That I Did This

Hey folks,

This is the Squirrel_Fish talking. I've been a long time reader of many Warhammer 40k related blogs (BoLS, Fritz's "Way of Saim Hann" and Jawaballs' Blood Angels blogs to name a few) and figured that it's about time for me to actually start one of my own. 

A little about me, I'm a college student in located in Minnesota. During school sessions, I get exiled towards an inhospitably small town in western Minnesota where there is little to no 40k action and am forced to focus on the modeling aspect instead. 

Now, I'd like to give a you a little forewarning that I'm a bit of an amateur in most aspects of 40k - there's not much gameplay that goes around here (and whatever does happen isn't like scary serious) and my painting skills only go up to about tabletop standards, maybe a little better. So what do you, the reader, gain from reading my blog? Well, if you're a veteran of the game and/or a Golden Daemon winner, probably not much. Broken Dice is really just a view of the game from the casual gamer/hobbyist point of view.

I'll do my best to update regularly with what I've been working on and the following.

1) Miniatures - Painting and Conversions. I'm by no means an expert, but I've been painting miniatures for 3-4 some odd years now and have picked up a few tricks that I'm willing to share.
2) Battle Reports. Just about any game that I play, I'll write one up, dissect it and analyze what tactics worked.
3) Tactics. Following up on battle reports, I'll post what tactics work for me and maybe for you.
4) General Discussion. My thoughts on the game or the hobby.

Best to all,
Squirrel_Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment