Saturday, June 6, 2009

Warlock and Terminator Chaplain complete!

The final (?) Warlock of the Seer Council is complete and here are the pics. The only thing that I'm not entirely satisfied is the spear; I was going for an energized blade look, but it didn't work out so well. I'll probably just stick to my usual crystal look next time.



"I can tell you with no ego that this is my finest [miniature]"
- Hattori Hanzo, Kill Bill vol. 1

Okay, so that's not how the quote goes. But I am very proud with how this turned out and am sure my friend will appreciate this gift. Thanks for all of those who gave me suggestions on the gold. I ended using Vermin brown as the basecoat, followed by a brush 1:1 brown ink/Shining Gold, a 4:1 water/brown ink, followed by highlighting with shining gold again. I thought it was a little bright at first, but after hitting it with a layer of Dullcote, I was very satisfied as it subdued the brightness of the gold and gave it that ancient yet powerful look I wanted.





Next up? Eldar Wave Serpent.

Squirrel_Fish

1 comment:

  1. That chaplin is looking real good Squirrel_Fish. But what is he standing on lava? Not even terminator armor will protect him from that.

    ReplyDelete